In the part of Golling known as Torren („torren“ Romanic: torrential mountain river), near the fascinating late gothic pilgrimage church of St. Nikolaus, the Golling waterfalls plunge 75 metres down two giant steps into the valley below.The thunderous Golling falls are one of the provinces most attractive and romantic natural monuments.
The Golling waterfall is 3 km from the centre of the village – 10 minutes walk from the nearby car park and can be viewed from May to October.
- € 2,50 adults
- € 2,00 for adults, retired persons and guest card holders
- € 1,50 kids (6 to years)
- € 2,00 for groups - starting from 15 persons
- € 1,00 for school groups until 18 yeras
- € 6,00 family card (2 adults and one kid)
- Gasthof BRENNERWIRT (phone: +43 (0) 6244 / 60 68)
- Gasthof ABFALTER (phone: +43 (0) 6244 / 7 44 98)
- Landgasthof TORRENERHOF (phone: +43 (0) 6244 / 55 22)
You can combinate your visit to the Waterfall with a little hiking tour into the Bluntau valley. There is a nice forest path from the hotel Torrenerhof to the entry of the Bluntau valley. You walk through the forest and you pass a very nice little chapel. The walk takes approx. 2-3 hours (to the 2nd Bluntau lake and back to the Waterfall)