History of Golling
- Golling - the name shows the settlement of the Slavs - Slovenian: golica = mountain overgrown with grass
- 1241: documentary naming of the town-name "Golingen"
- 1284: Golling is named as a market town
- 1809: fights of the ally French and Bavarian against Austrian at Pass Lueg
- From 1810 to 1816: Golling was a part of the kingdom Bavaria
- 1896: foundation of the political district Hallein - integration of Golling
- 1936: independet towns Obergäu and Torren are integrated in Golling